Thursday, April 17, 2014

Museums, Feast of 12 Plates

In the last 2 days, I’ve had some great experiences with Emparatriz for our “classes.”  Yesterday we went to the Inca Museum, which had some of the coolest artifacts I’ve seen.  Jewelry, the cotton strings they used to communicate across the kingdom, paintings, pottery..  The more I learn about them, the more impressed I am. 

Today, we went to the Yale museum that has exclusively artifacts of Machu Picchu.  It was full of all of Hiram Bingham’s pictures.  With how overgrown Machu Picchu was after 400 years of abandonment, it is really astonishing that the city was still intact.  It is cool to see it in that form.  This may be my favorite museum thus far, it talks about the royalty and the servants, the history surrounding the scientific discovery, etc. 

For lunch, I went to Sandro’s aunt’s house.  So good!  The feast of 12 plates represents the last supper, since there were 12 disciples.  I fared well, but didn’t get through 12.  They gave us too much for each course, so there was no way.  Here was the lineup:

1.      1 pear
2.      soup (I’ll just show you one variety)

3.      another soup
4.      another soup
5.      Main dish of breaded fish and chicken plus a potato

6.      Salad

7.      Sweet fruit dish

8   Empenada

.       Rice pudding

9.      Piece of bread

1.   Cookie thing

I considered 11 rounds pretty decent J 


The rest of the day I’ve been editing photos and writing various applications and such.  

No comments:

Post a Comment